Friday, June 12, 2009

Kids

Doing what he does best.

Kaden is starting to figure out somewhat of a routine, although today I can't get him to wake up for the life of me. He must be making up for all the awake time he had yesterday. We'll see how tonight goes. Good thing I got a little nap today. Today was the first day he peed while I was changing him. I was lifting his legs up to wipe him and poor guy peed all over his face. Luckily he was sleeping so it didn't get in his mouth or eyes. Ewwww. He's such a good baby. I'm still working on getting in full feedings during the day so I can get him sleeping through the night in 6 weeks. I know I can do it, I'm determined! He's such an eater though, the doctor said he should be eating about 2 oz. maybe a little more, uh no he's between 3 and 4 easy. I guess not each feeding, but a lot of them. I have to say it's so much easier than 2. I get 2-4 hours of straight sleep and I feel totally refreshed. I was so exhausted with Brady and Macy and I haven't felt that way with Kaden yet. My recovery for this c-section has been way better than the last one. I think the doctor did a great job sewing me up because I don't have near as much pain as I did last time. It still stinks having to lay around all day. I'm ready to start working out, but know I can't for at least a couple more weeks. It sucks having all that flab and not being able to do anything about it! I'm really enjoying my alone time with him and the kids have adjusted so good to him. It's like he's been here all along and they haven't noticed anything different. I thought they'd be bugging me all the time to hold him and wanting to touch him all the time, but they have pretty much kept to themselves and just held him here and there. It's helped that they've got to do all these fun things with all my awesome friends who have taken them this week. The one day I didn't have help of course was the day that the hormones kicked in. On Thursay I didn't have anyone lined up and even though they are totally easy and no big deal I was finding myself crying for a few hours off and on. It was so weird. I am completely happy and should have nothing to cry about and I was just crying out of nowhere. I think I just needed some company. Joe had worked until 11 the night before and I thought he was going to be late that night too. Luckily he got home at 6 and my mom came over at 7 and then we actually all got out for the house and had some nice cafe rio. It felt good to get out for a bit. Life is good and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be Kadens mom. He's so sweet and loveable. Life couldn't be better.

These are pictures the kids took of each other. They really
know how to strike a pose. They love my camera! And I'm
glad:)
Such good buddies.
This was the first time Brady asked to hold Kaden. Now all
he can do is kiss his head and he's always calling him brother
instead of Kaden.
I swear this boy should've been Macy's twin. He looks so
much like her. I think he may have blue eyes like her too.


What a fun bunch of kids. Thanks to everyone who has been helping me with Brady and Macy since the delivery. It's been such a big help!

4 comments:

melissa and nathan said...

Jana,
So so sweet! I love the descriptions, tugs my heart strings. My little Brycen is getting too big, no more newborn-ness to him!
I cannot wait to hold, touch and smell your little newborn!

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures that the twins took of each other! Dang you have some cute kids...love ya jana

Anonymous said...

I finally got the chance to look at the blog and see your cute addition. Congrats and how do you pull off looking like a model right after having a kid. You should have seen me after Maris was born...not a cute photo at all! He looks like he fit right in and this kids love him!! Again congrats and talk to you soon.

Ylonda~

amanda said...

Oh I so remember those crying days. I hate after baby hormones! Why can't we just enjoy them and not get all confuse and emotional. Lucky for us they don't last long. Good luck! I wish I could help with the kids and/or meals. We are all sick now. So in a couple weeks I want to.

Twin Falls, Idaho