The day has finally come and looking back the pain was all
worth it. I started off having contractions on the night of
the 2nd. They were anywhere from 15-30 minutes apart
and lasted all night. Then the next day I was fine and only
had a few here and there. That night we went over to some
friends for dinner and I started paying attention to the
clock and realized they were starting to be every 5 minutes.
So we went home and timed them and after 3 hours of it
decided to go in. I was only dialated to a 2 so I decided
to go home and ride it out. Then they were 10 minutes
apart for the rest of that night and getting very intense.
The doctor was hoping I could wait until Monday to
come and see him and then decide on a Vbac or a C-
section, I called that next morning and told the nurse
to schedule a C for Friday because I knew one more
night of this would be enough. The doc called me right
back and told me to get in the hospital so we could get
things figured out. I went in at 11:00 a.m. and he admitted
me and then it was just a waiting game. I contracted
until 4:30, after which decided I would choose a c-section
over that any day. It could've been lack of sleep and the
fact that I had been pretty much in labor for 2 days now.
They finally gave me the epidural and then I was much
happier. I dialated really slow and finally when I got to
a 6 he decided he was seeing a little too much bleeding
so he made the call to take me in to do a c-section. My
gut told me all along that was what was going to happen,
but I wanted to try a natural one, what I was thinking, I
have no idea. I think mainly because it's cheaper and I
would heal much quicker. Just my luck though I got to
do both! Now at least I can empathize with all you women
who have contractions.
The only reason I'm happy in this picture is because I know
what the outcome of all this pain is bringing me.
So happy to have him here and can't imagine my life without him.

17 comments:
Jana, I don't think your blog updated...it didn't on mine at least. I just clicked on yours to tell you good luck and here I see this post. SO...I'm sorry! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is soooooo adorable...sorry about the hard labor, that's no fun. Glad he's here though...both of our little guys just didn't want to come...too warm in there I guess. Anyways, hope all is well, he really is sooooooo cute and LOVE the name :)
Awwww...that was a great post. Thank you for sharing your story and the whole minute by minute, or maybe, hour by hour. When Heidi called to tell me that you had the baby, it was very hard for me not to storm the hospital and come hold that little guy. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Your family sure is growing. He is a handsome little guy. Cute name too. Congrats again.
I am so happy to hear that he arrived! I have been thinking of you over the past week or so and waiting and wondering...so I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations!!
I am so happy and excited for you! What a relief to have over with. He is such a cute baby. I love his hair line. Congratulations!
Beautiful baby boy! Congratulations. I am a little disgusted at how great your hair looks after 2 days of labor... I'll get over it. :)
So happy for you..he is adorable. Can't wait to see him. Hope you are doing good..dinners to come and more when we return from Cali..promise! Congratulations to you all..
CONGRATS!! He is just PRECIOUS!! So glad that everything went ok and that he's finally here! Even thought you had to have another C-section at least you got to experience contractions! Hope you are recovering well! He looks like Macy to me in the last picture!
Cograts, he is really cute. Iam glad that everything went good.
Yeah! Glad to hear you are both doing well. I love the picture of the nurse holding him up, in the nude and all!
You look great, of course, and the last pictures of Kaden look like Macy, but what do I know???
Oh yay! I just now got on an here this is. It didn't update on my google reader for a while I guess. I'm so happy to hear and see that the two of you are doing so well. That's awesome.
Congratulations Jana, he's such a sweet boy!
YEAH!!!! Good Job Jana! looks like you grew a cute one. Can't wait to see him in real life. I am so glad that things went well. Hope to be able to see you soon.
Jana,
I have been thinking of you a lot lately! Hope you are getting some sleep, here and there! Thanks for giving details of the birth, I love to read it! He is special and precious. Congratulations!
Man that sounded like a rough start , or end (for you anyway). He is so cute I think he is a total mix but maybe a little more Macy, we will see they change so much. Congrats Im super jealous, I wish it was my time already.
Congratulations Jana! He is very cute. I hope that you recovery well and get back to normal soon. Take care!
Congatulations Jana! He is so precious! What a cute little guy, and I love the name as well! And Omigosh, no one can look that good after going through contractions and labor all day, ... you look like a supermodel, hair's all perfect and all! What a cute momma! It's crazy you are a family of 5! It was so fun to come and visit with you and hold little sweet Kaden!
Congratulations! He's beautiful and I love his name. The 4th is a lucky date in our family as well, that's Carters birthday and he just turned two. So Kaden picked a good day to make his way into this world.
The pictures are darling. Good luck in the upcoming weeks. I believe you'll have him sleeping through the night soon, I think the hardest part is convincing yourself it is possible, then it's pure will and routine. Hugs to you all!
Post a Comment