So I've decided I don't want another baby if one of the two I
have is going to continue to act like a baby. Wow. Macy has
started a whiny stage that has been going on for about the
last week and 1/2 and I've had it up to here (imagine me
touching the sky) with it! She's just talking in a whiny voice
every time she doesn't get what she wants and just continues
to do it until I resort to capital punishment! Okay I don't go
that far, but let's just say she's been in time out a lot lately.
And she can't let things go either. For example, I rented a Diego
movie for her and told her she could watch one and then it was
time to lay down for a nap. After it was over she said, "mom,
can I watch just one more Diego"? I told her no and that it was
time to go lay down. So in that little whiny voice of hers she
continues to say, "but mom I do want to watch one more Diego",
over and over. Until after I have calmly tried to explain why she
can't and then it turns into her crying and being so upset about it!
Oh, I can't handle it anymore. It probably doesn't help that I
am more irritable than normal and thus less patient, but I am
really trying to get through this (who knows how long) phase
with understanding and empathy. Any tips, ideas thoughts??
HELP!!! (Maybe we both just need more sleep!!)
Okay, so after 5 minutes of reflecting on this post I decided to get
back on here and add a few thoughts of my own. I still want input
back if you have it though! So I have about a month until this new
baby is here and I've been trying to do so many things before he's
here that I've figured out it's taken away a lot of quality time from
Brady and Macy. I used to play 2 or 3 games with them every
day and we eat lunch together and I play house or cars with them.
Not so much lately. I've been trying to finish my blog book (which
is taking me FOREVER!), crafting, teaching piano, cleaning,
organizing, trying to get ready for a garage sale, organizing,
cleaning, going through all the kids old stuff to find out what I
need for this baby, blogging, emailing, cooking, cleaning,
organizing, laundry, potty training, and getting ready for a new
baby. Did I say cleaning and organizing? Poor kids. I'm starting
to feel bad. I think I rely on the fact that they have each other
that I'm missing the point that they want me to play with them
still. I know that's not all this whiny stage is, but I'm sure it plays
a part and I'm saying that starting tomorrow I am going to get out
the play dough and sit down and actually do something with them.
Read some books, play some games and cuddle. I'll be even crazier
with a new baby so I need to enjoy this last month with the two
that I have and stop worrying so much about never finding time
to do anything again!!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago

2 comments:
OH my gosh tell me about it, Ryan is so horrible right now too. I am in such a grouch mood everyday because I feel like all I do is yell all the time. I have tried everything I can think of to, you know whats funny is I think I am doing the same thing. I get so caught up in trying to do other things and thinking Ryan is big enough to entertain himself that I forget that having some positive attention from me would probably help a lot. I'm going to do the same thing tomorrow we'll have to see how it goes and if you think of something else LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!!! I will see you tomorrow night to. can't wait.
Hi Jana
Right before Brycen came, Corbin went baby talk on us until about 1 month after he came. It was hard, but I simply said "cannot help you because I do not know baby talk" and I would ignore what he was saying. He no longer talks baby talk. Whew! After Brycen came he was clingy. Life with a newborn is just plain hard. But, as the scriptures say "It came to Pass" (not to stay).
Good luck! The smooth days are your reward to make it through those other days of torture!
Post a Comment