First I have to tell you the story. It's a long one! I was going to
do the rim to rim with a few friends on Saturday, but decided
I didn't want to pay $45 to do it so instead I spent the morning
with my mom. We decided to hit some yardsales. I should
post all of my yardsales finds, you'd be suprised the good
stuff I get. Mainly outside toys and other kids stuff, but also
household things people never use. Anyway, one of the yard
sales was on Tamarack Loop which I knew I'd been on,
but it wasn't in the phone book so I thought it must be in a
neighborhood off of Hankins Rd. We decided to head that
way to look for this street and as we're driving around we find
another yard sale that wasn't even listed. We decided to stop
and it ended up being a guy who was in my old ward and his
new wife. They were combining all their things and here sat
this piano.
I've been wanting to start teaching piano for some time so I've been keeping my eyes open for one for quite a while now. In fact I had just looked at craigs list the night before. Most decent piano's on there range from $500 to $1000. He asked me to make him an offer, but I wasn't about to open my big mouth so after talking with his wife he said he'd sell it for $250 and he just had it tuned not too long before. I looked over at my mom and she's mouthing, "take it, take it!" (apparently there was a lady hovering that she was worried about). I looked at him and said, "I'll take it for $200". He said "sold" as long as I was the one who picked it up. Is that not a steal!! I'm so excited. The story doesn't end here. So I was so excited to have Joe go get it on Saturday so I could start playing and then we couldn't really find enough people to help us get it, plus Joe had leadership meeting that day so it just wasn't going to work out. Joe was going to be out of town Mon. and Tues. so I was thinking I wouldn't be able to get it until Wed. so I was a little bummed. Well, it worked out that my Dad had a trailer that had a ramp on it and he even had a furniture dolly. He drove up on Sunday to help us out and after we get done loading the piano we're talking with Lisa (the previous owner of the piano) and she's telling us how she's looking for some property to start her own business. (my dad's a realtor). Then she says it will have to be built to suit (my husband owns a truss plant). Then I told
her I was wanting to teach piano and she gets all excited and
says to let her know because she would give me 4 students off
the bat. (she has 4 daughters) My dad and Joe both went to
their trucks and got out their cards and exchanged #'s. She
goes on to say that she owned and operated a mormon
preschool (in pheonix) with an inside playground that will
require rubber mulch. (I have a friend who owns a rubber mulch business). I get thinking, my kids can go to her preschool and I can teach piano while they're there and we can just trade services. This is just working out all too well. Heck, I tell ya it was definitely meant to be. Moral of the story...........if you get a little lost and come upon a yard sale,
STOP!

6 comments:
Love the new picture. Your kids are so cute. I can not believe that you got that piano for $200!
when are you going to start lessions? I really want Ella to learn.
Congrats. I love garage sales, but only if I have money to spend. I wish I could go garage saling, but this house is consuming all my time. That is a great story. I might have a piece of land for sale...is she putting up a preschool? I need to talk to you more about that actually. Call you later.
Jana,
Isn't that funny we were just talking about pianos at Kelly's? I am really excited for you! That is a "treasure"! Plus, all the # exchanges, your day skipping out on the race was well worth it!!
I want to get my kids into piano lessons....
Jana~
Cute pics of Brady and Macy! I can't believe how big they are getting. I'm so glad I got a chance to see you, but I'm bummed we didn't get to go to dinner and hang out. Time went by way too quickly!! Tell Joe I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call. Next time!
Kodi
Omigosh! You are the luckiest garage sale finder I know! I am definitely going Garage sale shopping with you! Seriously call me! Also, ya if they are interested about the Rubber mulch, have em go to our website snakeriverrubbermulch.com or just call Mark.
I love Yard Sales!! Seriously, you can find awesome stuff. But you already know that right? That is so awesome about the Piano, what a steel. My mom is shipping up their old Piano, and it should be here next week. I am so excited too, just to have one so Josh can teach them will be awesome. I know they'll love it.
What an awesome find!! I'm glad you stopped.
Post a Comment