Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Operation

I thought it would be fun to pull out the classic operation game
and see what the kids thought. As you can tell they loved it.
Pretty much just hearing the buzzing sound. It brought
back a lot of memories when I used to play it as a kid
because I would get so scared to hit the buzzer. We all
decided to play it so we took turns and Joe and I were
getting a little competitive. I have to say that I won! It was a
fun family night.

They both did really good taking turns.



He's studying it trying to figure out how it works!


Macy was rooting for daddy. She kept saying "good job daddy"!




Macy was being the mom for the moment taking our pictures.
I didn't even tell her too. She just thought she would give it
a try!






She's a pro!

I decided after this fun night that I needed more fun kids games
so I went to TJ Maxx today and found some really fun games
that we can all play as a family and that they can understand.
Then I got a fishing game at Target that I'm excited to play
with them too. It's so fun to play games with them.





7 comments:

paulak said...

Ok, so I was a bit freaked at first when I read your post title, before reading all about your fun night. I thought someone was having surgery (my first thought was Brady's ears). Glad that your post was not about that and a fun game night. I love board games, Carl...not so much. Usually we play "Uno" with Kya. She likes to turn the cards over.

paulak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaylynn said...

So fun! I love when they start playing games! one of Aldon's favorites still to this day is the fishing game, and also Don't break the Ice! He started on those quite small, around 2, as well. Dang you take a lot of photos girl! I wouldn't think of taking photos of us just playing games together, but look how cute they turned out, now I wish I would've. so fun! Oh, and sorry we couldn't come swimming with ya the other night. Raincheck for another family night though, we're in! Addi has been sick all week, with the runs, but no head cold so I'm really not sure what else to do for her other than Pedialyte.

Gilly Funk said...

I have been wanting to get more games too! They are at a fun age. We have had a hard time with family night, but now they can actually do fun activities. We got the lucky duck game for christmas, thats a good one too. Me and josh are competitive with things too, we used to have lots of classes together in college, and we would get in the worst fights becuase I would always be doing better than him :)We better stay away from operation, it might bring back that bad competitive side!

Brandi said...

Ericka is doing great...she has almost graduated from the Paul Mitchell school of hair (in March) and she loves it. I don't think she knows what her plans are after that...we'll see I guess!

Cheri said...

Hey, found your blog! Ethan loves! Operation. His cousin got it four Christmas and we all sat around playing it. Things got pretty competative between the Ross Brothers, but I bet you don't have any trouble seeing that happening. Go check out our blog, we have officially moved away from Twin now.

Hansen's said...

Hey you..I totally remember playing that game while I was growing up- I need to get it for my kids. um, about my partner- who know...I think it's a wee bit messed up..Hopefully soon it will get worked out. How was your first day as primary teacher?? When are you two having activity days?? Have a good day. love, nik

Twin Falls, Idaho