Still can't believe I was scheduled to have a c-section on Jan 17, 8 days before she was due and then still went into labor Jan 13th! Friday the 13th no less. It actually worked out perfect because it was the weekend so parents could help with kids and then Stacy came on Monday so I was home to enjoy her company as well. I went in for an appointment on Thursday and the night before I swear I felt her just turn around and I said to myself, she is getting in position. I didn't have the doc check me at my appointment because I thought there was no way I would go earlier than planned. We joked though about it and he said now that we're talking about it something is going to happen. Well it did and lucky for me Smith was on call anyway so when I showed up at 4:45a.m. on Friday we got right to it and had her at 6:33a.m. She was 7lbs 7 oz. 19 inches long. And PERFECT! We were so surprised by all the hair she had since all our other babies are balled until they are 2!




























Perfect little family if I do say so!
Stacy sent me these since she couldn't visit quite yet, so sweet!
The photographer:) And grandma!!






Soooooo tiny!! Having her in the new hospital was so much nicer than the old one. This one felt like a quiet hotel in a different city or something. There were no beeps throughout the night, the nurses didn't bother me at all in the night unless I needed something. Too bad I only stayed one night!! They released me Sat afternoon so we were home by about 4pm. I regretted it that night when I had to walk more than 5 steps to go to the bathroom. It was a little painful. I had a pretty good recovery though, easier than the other 2 I felt, maybe because I knew what to expect and I had Joe at home with me the whole time too. He was a lifesaver and so loving and helpful. After 13 days I'm still waiting for my BIF and this awful rash I've got to go away. Don't know what it's caused from but it's now on my face, arms, hands, legs, stomach. Itches so bad! Benadryl is helping a little, but I've had it for a good 4 days now and I'm ready to be done scratching! We're getting in a routine sort of. It's always the hardest part I think about having a baby is getting things figured out again, what they need, what that cry means, etc. I'm slowly getting it and I'm so in love with her!
6 comments:
Congrats Dille Family. Quincy Jo is such a beautiful addition. So happy for you!
What a doll! I am sure you are the best mom and you look great. I will be checking in for tips so make sure you post all that you know!! I can only wish that I can go early...I will be doing all I can to make it happen.
So exciting. Congrats...she is beautiful. Thanks for letting me come meet her and hold her. I needed that.
Yay for your family! As always, you're a beautiful mom. What a special time for you!
Congratulations Jana, I found your blog somehow and check in once in a while. I had no idea you were pregnant. I am so happy for you, the baby is beautiful!
Hi Jana,
your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations! I too, get itchy and a rash. I have concluded it is from the iodine they use to clean the area where shots/stitches go. I had it really bad after Brycen was born on my hands. Then when I had my shoulder operated, my whole arm was a mess. Only answer was time. Blah. Good luck! Is there anything I can do? Your Kayden scares me! What if Brycen does the same fun tricks. I hope his antics are improving and all is ok!
Take care!!!!
Melissa
Post a Comment