Monday, August 3, 2009

update

It's been to long since I've done some journaling so here
it goes. Kaden is just a little over 2 months now and we
went in for his wellness check today and here are his
stats. 13.3 lbs (90 %) 24 1/2 inches long (95%) 16 inches
around his head (75%). He got his first set of shots
which he did great at. Screamed for a minute and then
fell right asleep in my arms. That was good because
Brady and Macy had to get some shots too since they
are still a bit behind from getting all of them. I warned
them a little bit while we were waiting for the nurse
to come in, but it didn't sink in until Brady went first
then Macy was practically crying before she got on the
table. That's the downside of having 2 to do. One
always has to watch the other and then is totally freaked
out. They were pretty ok once they got their special
gum and bandaid and sticker and movie from redbox!!
It doesn't take much to please my kids:) It's crazy because
right now they both way exactly the same. 40.6 lbs.
Macy looks to be at least 1/2 inch if not a whole inch
taller than him. She must have went through a growth
spurt because he's always been 3 or 4 lbs heavier.
It's weird with Kaden because everything is on schedule
and with Brady and Macy they were always a couple of
months behind in doing things so it's fun to see him
progress how he's supposed to. He's doing a ton of
smiling as you can see in all the pictures I've posted
recently. His first smile was at 4 weeks old which I
couldn't believe. He actually chuckled at me a little bit
at church yesterday for the first time. Joe has got him to
before, but not me. He is sleeping 7 hours straight at night
now and started doing that about 5 days ago. That has
been awesome. I started feeding him a little cereal at
night just before bed and he loves it. He opens his little
mouth right up for me and eats quite a bit. I asked Dr.
Scott today when is too early and she said we recommend
starting at 4 months so I may stop for a bit and see if he'll
still sleep as long at night. He's just growing so fast that I
think he almost needs that little extra food. We'll see. My
mom said she fed us cereal at 3 weeks old so I know it's not
going to hurt him and so far he's done really well on it. He's
definitely not a sleeper like the kids were. He usually only
takes 45 min - 1 hr. nap at a time. There are a few days in
between that he will still sleep a lot of the day, but for the
most part he is awake all day. He loves to be held, but does
pretty good for a while just laying down and chilling out. He
loves listening to the kids around him, when they talk to him
and play with him. That entertaines him so while I'm getting
ready I always have them go talk to him and that makes him
happy. He does so well when we're out running errands.
Almost better than when we are home. He loves Joes truck
and falls asleep almost as soon as he turns it on. He definitely
knows his mommy. If he's at all hungry and Joe is talking to
him or something I'll walk in and say something and he
immediately trys to find me and then he gets a little frown
on his face and whimpers a little bit, like feed me already!
When he's not hungry and I talk he just smiles away, it's
so cute. I'm so lucky to be his mom and am enjoying every
minute of it!

2 comments:

melissa and nathan said...

Jana,
You are finally getting some sleep! Now that is a happy day! He is a big little guy, just like all of mine. He is so sweet, I saw him in Joe's arms yesterday and he looked so content!

Tanille said...

Can you believe your baby is already 2 months??? When I took Aiden in for his 2 month he was 15 lbs (100%) and his head was in the 20%!!! I was like, nice, I have a very fat baby with a pinhead!!! LOL, I love him to death though!! It's funny because I was just commenting to Ty last night that Kaden didn't look nearly as Fat as Aiden, but they are not that far apart in weight. Kaden must carry his well!!! :)
Anyways, your kids are all so adorable!!!

Twin Falls, Idaho