Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Expanding my horizons

This is my latest project. I'm no sewer, but I've had this
cute fabric for at least 6 months, well the more I think
about it, I bet it's been a year because I know I bought
it before I was pregnant. Anyway, Macy's curtains were
never long enough so I bought this fabric hoping someday
I would have the guts to sew it on. I never thought I
would actually be the one doing it. (my mom's good on
the sewing machine:) I finally decided to brave it and
they turned out better than expected!
Of course Macy had to pose here. Don't mind the second day
hair and in pajamas all day look, I've been sick-don't judge me.
This is slightly unfinished, not sure what else to do. I just attached
it together with this huge brad, and yes I cut the string off the
bottom!
Alright all you seamstesses out there, what should I do
different to it? I was going to add a panel about 4-6 inches on
the outsides of each one (got lazy), or maybe do some of the
fabric on top where the tabs are or something. What do you
think, add or leave it how it is??

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Look at you all crafty! They are adorable...love the fabric!

Angie said...

Love it! Have you thought about adding a valance up top of the new fabric? It'll tie it in and almost frame the pink. Or you could just leave it, it looks great either way and you're having a baby any day. :)

amanda said...

looks so good!

Jaylynn said...

Wow, what a project to be proud of!!! I think it is soooo cute. I guess if I would add anything it would be a valance/panel or add fabric to the tabs up top, but that's only if you wanna do more work, otherwise I think it's cute how it is! Plus I can't even believe you are doing all of this: 9 months pregnant! You are crazy, but so crafty! Very cute!

melissa and nathan said...

Way to go! I would not have attempted something like this, ever. But, great job! Little tabs at the top would be cute, but would take forever to do!

Pezlady Jana said...

I say leave it how it is, it is totally cute just like that!! Good job!!

Twin Falls, Idaho