Wednesday, March 18, 2009

cute things they say

Macy got out of bed the other night (what's new) and came
into the office and asked if she could sit on my lap. I told
her no because it was bedtime and she looked up at me and
said, "but I'm just chillin' right here by your chair for a
minute". That was funny.
Today at the park she yelled down from the top of the
slide at candy cane park, "see ya mom I'm going on an
adventure". (a little too much dora and diego:)
Then she was on the phone with daddy sitting on her
rocking horse and I could hear him ask her what she was
doing. "Just chillin, what are you doing?"
Her prayers are always exactly the same and part of it
says, "bless mommy and daddy, Brady and Macy, grandma
and grandpa and grandy and papa. Every night. If I don't
say it when it's my turn she wants to know why?!
She knows when I'm mad about something, she looks at me
and says, "mom, smiley face, mom."
She's loving to hear new stories at night and really likes the one
with the mean witch and the dragon. I just have to be creative
and make these things up as they go. I wish I was a better story
teller.
A while back Joe and I were having a disagreement about
something (i'm pretty sure I was right about whatever it was)
we weren't even talking very loud and she said, "hey guys,
calm down. Quit arguing!" I say this to them quite a bit!
She's like her mommy, loving and caring, but has that
fiesty side too.

Brady is really talking good these days. He repeats a lot of
what we say and has great conversations with Macy. He'll
ask me where something is and I'll tell him and then he'll say
"but where, though"
He's always saying, "where's my daddy" or "where's my dad."
It's his daddy. got it.
He loves to cuddle in the morning with me when he comes in
my room and I'm still in bed. He doesn't try and wake me up
he just quietly wiggles his way in my arms and lays there until
I open my eyes. I don't open them for a while because I love
those moments. He'll lay for a good 1/2 hour and I can't get
enough. Then when I finally do open them he'll look at me and
say, "you wake up?" "did you sleep good?" then we just lay
and talk for a bit. So precious.
He's a boy, such a boy. Loves his trucks, which he likes to call,
F*&#'s. I can't quite get him to pronunciate those tr's. I keep
trying to get him to call them pick-ups but he likes the other
word instead!
He's really enjoying being tucked in at night lately. He always
wants 3 little pigs and sometimes, There was a little house.
He's a pro at Twinkle Twinkle too.
He's a giggler. Especially at himself. He has great conversations
with himself and loves to talk to himself in the mirror.
He has the best facial expressions. So serious too. He has my
eyebrows (thick) and they're what makes most of his
expressions so stinkin' cute.
He's the best kid, but stubborn in his own way. I'll ask him
if he wants something that I know he wants and he'll tell me
no 3 or 4 times before I go to put it away and then he
wants it. He does this all the time.
He's like his daddy, just laid back and easy to please.

I'm so in love with these two.

3 comments:

Jaylynn said...

those are sweet moments

Brandi said...

Such a great post Jana! Its great that you wrote all these things down because you'll love looking back on them later...what a couple of cuties!

Julie's Family said...

Wish I could look back at a journal (never did more than January)and find the cute things you and all my kids said that were so cute! I think I would sit and read them EVERY day if I did!!! Keep it up - this will be a priceless treasure!!!!

Twin Falls, Idaho