Thursday, October 30, 2008

uh, huh.

Yes, you see it correctly.......I am sewing. I just got this machine
last Christmas and have used it twice so I thought it was time to
take a class and learn!
Thank goodness I had nicole to do it with. We made aprons as
you can see. Sounds so simple when you think about it, but there
really is a lot of little detail things I would have had no clue about.
We decided to share a pattern. I wanted to make the kids one to
go with their kitchen for their birthday so I made Macy's and then
we'll trade and I'll make mine. I'll post that when I get it done. Let's
see how long it takes me.
We had a great teacher Marianne. So much fun and I feel a little
more accomplished!

Now for all of you who just can't wait see what I've come up with
for the kids costumes..........don't hold your breath, it's not that
great like I said, I've been lazy. We'll see, I'm just as anxious as
you......................I better go get started.

6 comments:

paulak said...

Awesome aprons. Glad your learning how to sew. Its fun isn't it? Cute fabric too. Lovin' it!

The Stanger Family said...

hey i'm sooo proud of you good job. Now what am i going to be good for. Your learning how to do everything on your own. You can teach me how to make one of those and then I will learn how to cook. Cooking is so much more fun when you look cute.

melissa and nathan said...

That is great that you took time to take a class! Nathan keeps telling me to...well I still have not and the machine is still collecting dust.
Maybe you will be inspiration, maybe.

Hansen's said...

Thanks for coming up with the idea..It was so much fun to hang out with you and to learn how to use my machine..finally! Lets get started on our other ones..have a good night..nicole

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

WOW! I am impressed! Did you take the class at that shop on Main Street (is it called Main Street? The one next to that really expensive home decor store downtown) I wanted to take a class there! Your apron turned out so cute! You have inspired me...Lets see pictures of the kids costumes!

The Dille Family said...

That's fun you made an apron for Macy. All your hard work paid off. It's adorable! Now that you are experienced, lets get working on some curtains.

Twin Falls, Idaho