Friday, April 11, 2008

No sympathy please!

First of all I wanted to start out by saying that as a
woman with fertility issues I wondered what all you
women out there thought about starting up a blog
that talks about fertility issues. I have quite a few
friends with issues and just recently met another one
and I have to say that it's nice to relate and talk about
these things instead of bottling it all up. I mean you
can post anonymously if you want, but I didn't want
to do it if everyone feels weird about sharing their
stories, let me know.
Next, this is where the no sympathy comes in. I'm in
the middle of my second miscarriage and I have to say,
not fun. Really the only reason I wanted to share this
was because I want to hear from someone that this may
have happened to and any advice you've heard on how
they maybe can be prevented or coped with. I'm actually
fine about it because I'm very excited that I am even able
to get pregnant on my own(those of you who know my
history) so I do count my blessings, but what's the deal?
Both times I've been only 5 or 6 weeks along so not to
far thank goodness, but it's still a let down. I guess I just
want re-assurance that it's not something I'm causing. I
mean I'm pretty healthy, I work out, I eat decent etc. Joe
thinks I should take a week off when I find out I'm pregnant
which believe me babe I would love a week to lay around all
day long, but I have two kids to run around and take care of.
Maybe he should take a week off so I could have a week off
too!! Anyway, really, I'm not looking for sympathy
whatsoever, I haven't even cried over this one hardly so I'm
good, just wondering who's out there that this has happened
too and what your advice would be if any!



To end on a good note, I
thought I would post a
cute recent picture I took
of Macy, she's such a little
poser. I definitely can't
complain, I have the two
most wonderful children
a mom could ask for. So
if they are all I get then
so be it~


Now, I'm trying to add a picture of Brady and it won't let
me, so don't think I don't love him just as much, I'll get
one of him on the next post!

12 comments:

paulak said...

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. (I won't give you sympathy...) But I think you could use a little. My heart goes out to you. My situation as you know is much different, but we all struggle with our own fertility demons, right? I love the way you are so open with talking about it, just like me. I am all for the blog...what a great idea. I think Joe is right, if he could take some time off to help you out, maybe some bedrest would be good for you. You are so busy and a very motivated woman, TAKE A BREAK (no I am not yelling). Good for you for looking at your beautiful children and being grateful throughout your adversity. That's what helps me. You know, I could talk all day about infertility, but I don't have nearly the battles others do. I don't understand exactly what you are going through, but like I said, my heart goes out to you. You must be a strong woman, with the trials you face, (regarding infertility). Ok, I will stop going on and on and on (hee hee). I just want you to know that I love you and I pray you will be blessed with more children if it be His will. You make beautiful children. It would be a pity to not have more.

Danette said...

I think it would be great to start an infertility blog. I'm sure countless people would benefit from hearing the details of different fertility options to ways of coping. You start it up and be the ring leader and the rest of us will just comment as needed!!
You're in my thoughts as I read your email. I've never been through a miscarriage so I don't know what you are going through. I have a girlfriend who has had numerous miscarriages 4 of them at 16 weeks. Not pleasant. I will have to ask her what was wrong. I know she had to take shots the first couple weeks or months she was pregnant. I'll look into it and let you know. Hang in there =)

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are going thru that again but its so great that you are looking for the positive, that you got pregnant twice on your own. You are seriously SO AMAZING!! You are such a great example to me of being positive in crappy situations. I think that you do need to slow down and maybe stop working out when you find out your pregnant?? Its just a thought...I was so scared after my miscarrage that I took it really easy. I know that everything will work out. Try to take it easy and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you guys! Love you!!

Gilly Funk said...

I think an infertility blog would be such a good idea. I have been so lucky not to have any miscarriages yet, but I think we all know friends that have had them or have had infertility issues. I think it's important for girls to see that others are going through similar situations. I had no idea that miscarriages were as common as they are until I got to the age where all my friends and people I hang out with are having babies. A blog would be great support!
Anyway, I'm thinkin about you!

Amy said...

We think you're awesome Jana! Just know we're thinking about you and including you in our prayers.

Angie said...

Jana I am sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I had two before Carter and lost both at about six weeks. I remember the OB telling me that when it happens that early there is most likely something with genetics and chromosomes that doesn't connect. When I got pregnant with Carter they started me on progesteron right away, because with my intial blood test it was a little low. I also started taking a baby aspirin and stopped working out and for the first 12 weeks the OB suggested not to have "married" time. It's hard because you want to be excited, but you're afraid to be excited. With all of the little things that can go wrong it truly is a miracle that anyone is able to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. You're in our prayers.

About the fertility blog, I think it's a good idea. I know when we were going through the process of getting pregnant I just wanted to talk with someone who knew what I was going through. Good Luck.

Cheri said...

Oh Jana, that stinks. I was surprised to hear that this was your second m/c. I've had two myself, at like 5 weeks and then at 12 weeks. It's not fun, but then I was like you it sounds like.
I think it's a great idea to start a blog about infertility. I honestly know sooo many women personally, mostly secondary infertility, who struggle with this. I'm not a very private person and I have no problems talking about these kinds of things with other people. If I had huge problems with this I would post all the time about it.

~*~*HEIDI*~*~ said...

Hey girl, I hope you know anytime you need a break you can call me and I will come get the kiddos to come play here for a while. When I was pregnant my doctor told me there is nothing you can do to cause or prevent a miscarriage. I hope that helps you feel better. Of course you didn't do anything wrong. This stuff just happens. I just wanted you to know that. Love ya girl, and seriously, call me anytime. Gotta love a free babysitter.

Brad said...

Jana, I can't even imagine how your feeling, so I won't pretend. As far as what I have read and was told during my OB/GYN rotation, it just doesn't work sometimes. Actually a lot of times. For unknown reasons, some women have a harder time than others, but it is not something your actively doing, you didn't cause anything. I admire your outlook and feelings. Let me know if you guys decide for a break and want to check out the discovery gateway for the kids.

The Dille Family said...

It's amazing to read all these comments and hear how common miscarriage and inferility are. The fertility issues with us have taught me faith, patience and complete trust in the Lord. He knows when these beautiful children are supposed to come into our lives and we just have to trust him. You are so positive and I know without a doubt that you will have more. You are such a great mom! These miscarriages are at least showing you that you can get pregnant, now it's just going to be when?? Hang in there! A blog would be great.

The Ross Family said...

I would love it if you started a blog. I would definitely want to be a part of it. Thank you so much again for talking to me and helping me understand things a little better. It's nice to know that we aren't alone in this. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I really hope you are able to have one on your own someday. Your children are little miracles and they are so adorable!

Jaylynn said...

Omigoodness, I had no idea any of this was going on. I havn't checked me blogs in awhile, and you never said anything when we were together this last weekend. I think you are a fabulous person. my doctor told me miscarriages are never because of YOU. Usually if it's in the first 7 weeks it's a chromosome thing. I had 3 miscarriages in a row a year and a half ago, two were at 6-7 weeks and you know about the worst one I was pregnant and due the same week as Rachelle was with Berkley, at 11 weeks it died and I had to have a DNC Surgery. I remembering feeling hopeless. I know you don't want a pity party, but I know those feelings are there. I remember just trying to be thankful for what I DID have and counted my blessings everytime I started feeling sorry for myself. I knew somewhere, someone always had it worse, and I should be thankful it was a miscar. and not a still birth at full term. That seemed to help the emotional side of me, and for the physical side of me: my doctor said: take prenatal vitamins and don't miss a day (since a miscar. strips you of all your vitamins you had stored up) and to add one iron tablet and two Folic Acid tablets (which I have a full bottle still if you need em) it helps develop the spine, so it rules out spina bifida, & it's fine for any pregnant woman to take. Also no "mattress dancin" for those first scary weeks till 12 weeks. Try and stay relaxed, but no hot tubs, or hot baths, or anything that would raise your body temperature. And drink lots of fluids. I see that you've already got lots of great advice, but really if you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to call. I found it always helps to talk to someone that has been through similar things. In fact, I'm gonna call you right now! Luvs

Twin Falls, Idaho