Thursday, January 31, 2008

Head Colds all around!

I really hope this is the end of the longest 2 weeks EVER!!
We have been sick, well the kids have been sick and we've
all pretty much stayed in our pajamas for the whole time.
EVERY DAY! Macy can crawl out of her bed now so for the past 4
nights she's been getting up around 4:00 a.m. and coming into
our room. One night she just stood in the doorway until I found
her and the next night she layed down in the hallway. Well, last
night I awoke to some loud coughing and realized it couldn't
of come from her room so I went out to see where she was and
here she is. She climbed up on a chair, turned all the lights on
and then moved the chair over by the counter and turned the TV
on! I had to get a picture! Yeah, it was about 4:30. What's scary
is she did all of this and the thing that woke me up was a cough.
You'd think I would have been heard her open her door, walk down
the hallway, climb on a chair, turn the light on, or scoot the chair, even
the tv. No, a cough. Luckily she's pretty balanced or she could've
fallen and broke her head open. Things are going to have to change
I guess. I must break down and put a child proof door handle on
the inside of her room. I'm not sure if this has become a habbit
or if she's waking up because she's sick. We'll see. This was in the middle of it all. What was I doing? Checking my
email. Things got a little quiet and that's never a good sign.
Brady was on my lap at the time and Macy wondered off for a minute.
I went to check on her and this is what I found! Baby powder
everywhere. At least it wasn't something sticky. And she smelled
good the rest of the day! And look she's learned to clean up after
herself too!


This was the first day of sickness. Brady was a cuddler for about 4
or 5 days and the last 4 have been Macy's turn. It's kinda fun
to just sit and hold kids all day, but a little hard when one is sick
and the other one just wants you to play with them. Just wait
tomorrow I'll probably get it and then it will be Joe's turn.
We're crossing our fingers that doesn't happen!













7 comments:

paulak said...

It is definitely not fun when they are sick. They seem so helpless....well, in Macy's case, she can pretty much take care of herself, huh? Kya has had a runny nose for a month now, with congestion on and off. But she loves putting her oils on to feel better. I hope you don't get sick. And I hope they get better soon.

The Dille Family said...

I cannot believe she was up roaming the house in the middle of the night like it was no big deal! What a big girl! I have been thinking of you down the street cooped up but with the snow and cold weather it sounds kind of nice to just stay home and cuddle. I have had the craziest week all month. We haven't got any of the cold stuff, down here, but it's probably coming! It seems like everyone has something. Hope you don't get it next! That will be amazing if you don't!

Brandi said...

Its not fun being sick...especially the little ones! However, its not completely tragic staying in all day in your pajamas either...especially since its so stinkin cold! I love the baby powder one...she got the broom out and everything...how could you even be mad???!!!

Gilly Funk said...

I hate colds!! We have been non stop sick for a month, we are finally over it. And J.J. was doing the same thing, when they're sick they can't sleep, than it's almost like they get in the habbit of waking up in the middle of the night. I have found J.J. getting into the fridge, getting out a cup and pouring milk into it! That freaked me out because I thought I was a light sleeper and would hear him.
I hope you guys get feeling better! See ya on Monday at our game!

Jaylynn said...

Well ya Addi was sick for a week last week. The first time she's been sick since she was born, yeah for that, but still not fun. She was such a cuddler though, and so mellow, which she is usually a ball full of energy. Oh and about my brother, to answer your comment...I have two younger brothers, the one at BYU-Hawaii was the one that got married. Jeff is the youngest boy and he is at BYU-Idaho, his girlfriend is the one that lived with us last summer.

Jaylynn said...

Oh and his girlfriend....now ex-girlfriend, they broke it off when school started up again last fall, she ...is engaged to another guy.

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

Poor sick kiddos! Isn't it sad when they are sick and can't tell you whats wrong! I got your email about the Hinckley challenge and I am so excited!! I put the progress thingy on my blog too!! What a great idea!

Twin Falls, Idaho