Monday, August 29, 2011

Camping 2011 most of part 1

So many more pictures to add than just this, but since I have to go get them off a cd from Walmart from my mom's camera this will have to do for now. I want to quit procrastinating!
We did our annual camping trip for a week with my family and it's one of my favorite times of the year! So much fun. It's the togetherness more than anything that I love.
We did a lot of swimming and bike rides as usual. The water was extremely high this year so swimming across to the rock was nearly impossible, but floating the river was a blast since there were no rocks to hit this year. There are quite a few pictures of that, but I'll have to add those later.



Here all the grandkids minus 1. I think a lot of the campers thought we were crazy to be up there with all these little kids. It was nice this year because everytime we were up at the hot tub we were all by ourselves! (I wonder why!) No, it actually just happened to work out that way. It was so nice. We picked a good week to go because it wasn't overly crowded like usual.




Here's a fun story. This is a picture of our bear alarm, hehe. We were up playing games late one night when my brother heard something in the woods. He took his flashlight out to look at sure enough it was a bear. So my dad and brothers all went out and chased it as far out of camp as they could. Nobody really thought it would come back but around 3 in the morning it came wondering back to check out our coolers. Long story short....my dad slept out by the fire for 3 nights straight and had to chase it off 5 or 6 times. Finally after throwing a flashlight at it and hitting it, it never came back! They even came in and put in a bear trap, but it was never caught. Not before it broke into one of my parents tubs and got out a whole bag of granola bars and went out just past our bear "alarm" and individually opened each one and ate them! Then he also got into my moms big gumball container and poked holes in the top and got some out and drooled all in it. This bear has a sweet tooth just like all of us! No wonder he liked our camp best:)

Here is a back of empty hot dogs I think it was that he had dragged over from a different campground. My mom has the picture of the granola bar wrappers, I'll have to get that too.
We played a ton of games. I got online and found a bunch of new ones that we tried and they were all really fun.
I love my family so much!! Another thing that happened was while I was up at the pay phone calling Joe I heard a noise coming from behind me down the mountain. Thank goodness it was daytime, it was a WOLF chasing a deer! They bounded down the mountain and into the wide river. The whole time I was just rooting for that deer to get away. It got out of the water on the other side and bounced away. I couldn't see where the wolf went, but it looked like the deer got away. As I got back on Paul's scooter to head back to camp, I looked over and there was the wolf coming back up the road to go back up the mountain right by me! I just stared at it and thought, do wolves like to eat humans?? I was a little freaked out! I revved the scooter a little and it got behind a rock and peered over and looked at me. I waited it out until it finally turned and left. I felt like I was in a national geographic movie or something! It was pretty cool. Also about the scooter, stupid thing. I took the kids down to the river on Sunday to throw rocks in the river. I looked to see if there were any signs saying I couldn't take it down to the river but didn't see any. There wasn't any other campers in our campground at all either. About 1/2 hour into it a park ranger came down and asked if it was my bike. I told him it was and he said I couldn't have motor vehicles down there. I told him I was sorry and that I looked really good to see if there any signs posted. He said there was a big sign out there and proceeded to get my info and gave me a ticket!!!! Not just any ticket, a $225 ticket! Oh man was I mad! I took the kids and walked the bike out looked for the sign he was referring to and it was a sign of two people walking. He said that meant no bikes back there! What an idiot. Needless to say I'm having to head to Boise in a week to fight that one. I made sure to go take some pictures of this sign and other "no motor vehicle" signs I saw in other parts of the camp. I better win! It's a federal ticket so it's such a pain that I have to go to Boise, but I am not paying that without a fight! It was such a bummer start to the week though. It was actually good it didn't happen on the last day because we had so much fun that week I just put it out of my mind the rest of the time.

No comments:

Twin Falls, Idaho