Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day weekend

We started it off with our yardsale on Saturday. I put in
the paper that I would be opening at 9:00 and let me just
say people were circling and parked outside my house at
8:15. It was madness. By the time I actually opened the
doors there were about 25 cars parked all along the road.
We had 3 single file lines going out the garage of people
trying to pay and that lasted for about 45 minutes. I had
to get Joe to come out and man the outside so people
weren't just stealing stuff, which by the way happened
anyway. It was craziness, but fun anyway. It was me,
my mom and my sister so we had a good time. Up until
this day I've had a sick daughter and Brady started getting
something the day before so after we closed up our yardsale
and took 2 truckloads and 2 carloads of stuff to the D.I. we
all crashed and then we all woke up sick! Except Joe. So, we
missed church and Mother's Day wasn't even mentioned at my
house. It'll be nice when the kids know what it is and then they
can just do something for me if they want. Joe just doesn't
have a nack for holidays which I don't ever think I'll get used
to, but oh well. He did throw me a suprise birthday party this
year so that's something! I guess what I'm trying to say is that
even though I wish I were spoiled more, I have to say that
Mother's Day should be more about how grateful I am to be a
mom. My kids are my pride and joy and even though I lose
patience pretty quickly with them, my life would be completely
useless without them. A day doesn't go by that I don't thank
my lucky stars to have them both in my life and that Heavenly
Father chose me to care for them. It's definitely the hardest
job I've ever had, but also the best and most fulfilling one too.
I love you Brady and Macy and thank you for filling my life
with fun, laughs, kisses and hugs!! Love, mom.
*A friend of mine found out I was sick and brought us dinner
that night, so I was spoiled by someone. Thanks Angela!

5 comments:

mandy said...

I'm so glad your yard sale went well! I'm sorry that you got sick though. Don't worry, once your kids are in school you'll get all kinds of homemade surprises.

amanda said...

sorry you were sick...and joe needs his butt kicked into gear. you deserve to be spoiled! i am doing a garage sell in a few weeks. i hope mine goes so well.

Jaylynn said...

Sorry you were sick on Mother's day, and ya when our kids are a little older they will be bringing you paper flowers from school and all kinds of crazy things they make. That is awesome though that your yard sale went so well!! Mine is this weekend and so hopefully we'll have some good luck too! Are you still sick? I'd love to bring ya dinner tonight...I'll give ya a call!

Jaylynn said...

oops...that was suppose to say YOUR kids, I forgot the Y, sorry. Our kids can bring you paper flowers too if u want! lol!

paulak said...

We should probably get together more and talk...you sound like me. Carl is great, but I wish he would go all out more. I agree, I will never get used to it either. I had to work on Mother's Day and with two sick kids of my own...and now me...our weekend wasn't much to talk about. Glad you had a great turn out for the garage sale. I wish I would have known, you've got great stuff. Hope you are feeling better now.

Twin Falls, Idaho