Monday, March 2, 2009

Need Advice

I am at my wits end!! Macy is completely potty trained, right?
For about a year now. Well for the about the last month or so
she is having these accidents all over the place. (only at home
so far, luckily). I know she's holding it too long and not quite
making it to the bathroom which I can accept, but then this
morning she peed right on my bed. Just sitting there and
peed. Any advice? I know my reaction is not the best, but
I am so mad and frustrated by it. Should I be mad or
sympathetic? Well, I've done mad, that's for sure so maybe
I should try sympathetic. Please tell me some of you out there
have dealt with this! I know I need to just tell her to go since
she's obviously not thinking about it, but should I really have to
remind her? Don't even get me started on Brady. He's still in
diapers. I feel like that's a never ending battle!

7 comments:

mandy said...

Kate did this same thing after being totally accident free for years. Turns out she had a yeast infection which made it hard for her to tell when she had to go. Maybe you should get Macy checked out? Good luck!

melissa and nathan said...

All 3 of my kids have regressed a little after being potty trained. I believe the reminders help a lot. If it turns into a battle, beware!
One thing to be thankful for is she is doing it now and not when the baby comes! good luck.

Cheri said...

I can really sympathise with you here. Ethan is almost 6 and pees the bed about 4 to 6 times a week. I've read every book I can, I've talked to doctors, and finally I've just given up and deal with it now. I set my alarm clock for 2:15 am every day and get up, go downstaires, and make him get up to go pee. Only very occationally will he still pee the bed after I do this. We don't ever have accidents during the day, but nights are a nightmare. I don't even want to know how many loads of bedding I've washed over the last few years. Lauren on the other hand never ever has accidents. She just turned four and I've never had an issue with her.

amanda said...

alexa went through that like 6months ago. i think it was her needing attention, so started giving her more attention other places and kinda ignored when she went in her pants. i just would give no emotion and say "go get yourself bathed and changed" i would not help her with anything. she had to fill her own bath...warm or cold she had to deal with it. and get herself in and out and dressed so she was responsible for it. anyway it lasted about 2 weeks and went away. i think the key was showing no emotion. cause good or bad attention...they want attention.

also i noticed it happened a lot when she was playing. so i would remind her when she was really busy.

and also one time she had a bladder infection and it kinda burned to go pee. so she would hold it till she wet herself. so maybe get her checked...if there is nothing wrong then try one of the other ideas...who knows maybe they will help.good luck though.

hope it helps.:)

Jana Dille said...

Thanks for all the advice! I scheduled a doctors appt. for tomorrow already. And yes, I will be nicer:) Except when it's on MY bed!

Jaylynn said...

Oh, so sorry to hear she is still having accidents. I tell you there is no easy answer when it comes to potty training, and I am the last person to give advice on t since it was a nightmare with Aldon, but the whole attention thing was very true. i would actually set a timer for 10-20 minutes after meals to remind him to go potty, and that worked after a week! But if he had accidents I told him we hd to throw away his big boy underwear(which made him sad) and he had to go lean himself and floor up, like it was no big deal for me. Those things seemed to help... Good luck and hopefully things will work out and she'll get better soon! For your sake at least!

paulak said...

Kya has been having a few accidents lately too...after being potty trained for a year now too. I don't know what to tell you. Good luck!

Twin Falls, Idaho