Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Personal body guard

I'm finally doing a post about our beautiful Twin Falls temple. I drive
by it just about everyday and it's still amazing that we will be able
use it in a few short weeks. I can't believe how amazing it is inside.
I knew it would be nice, but it's awe inspiring. If you haven't had a
chance to go, you should definitely make time. It's open until the 16th
so hurry!

Joe was there working security the other night so the kids and I drove
over to say hi. I told him I had to get a picture of his ear piece. He
looks like a body guard or something. There's something about a man
in uniform. Even if all it is is a suit and an earpiece. He's my personal
body guard:) He was excited because him and three other guys from
our ward got to be the final four to sweep the temple to close. He said
he saw things most people will never see so it was "cool".
Macy was so mad she couldn't get in the gate. I had Joe take a picture
from his view. I told her he was guarding the temple so no bad people
could get in. Now everytime we drive by she mentions it.
Definitely worth the hour it takes to tour it. I'm excited to be working
in it on the 16th. Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

paulak said...

Isn't it cool that we have a temple. One of the driving forces for moving back. I will be working in it again on the 15th, too bad we can't work together. The first time I worked I got to stand in the celestial room...it was awesome. Pres. Adams let me work in the celestial room and tell Joe that he still won't let me live down the "horse incident". I told him he needed to tease Joe more because it was his horse that took off, not mine. Anyway, the temple is great...one of my favorite now.

Danette said...

Such a bummer that it wasn't opened while we were in town. You never get to see it all when you go in after it is dedicated. Oh well. I think my dad had something to do with coordinating the security for the temple but I'm not sure if it was for his stake only. He is in Germany so I can't ask him ;-)
He has been asked to be a temple worker and is pretty excited about it, he says the temple is beautiful and amazing. The growth that will be coming to Twin is one thing that pulls us back in that direction. Who knows, we could be living there in 5 years!
Oh ya, the whole earpiece bit is pretty cool, makes your hubby look like a secret agent!

amanda said...

that is fun. you are a good wife. i didnt even think to visit chrs while he was doing security.

ThE dAvIs FaMiLy said...

Your little family is so cute!!! Hope you dont mind I got your blog from Amanda:)

Twin Falls, Idaho