Happy birthday babe! He's getting old in years, but still
claims to feel 21. He still seems like the adorable 21 year
old I fell in love with. We share the same birthday and
I'm still in my 20's, 29 to be exact. I still feel like 21 too.
It's crazy how time flies by. Well, since it was kind of a
big year for him I decided to throw him little suprise
party. I planned it a few weeks ago and luckily it all fell
into place. I was nervous it might not because Joe was
in bed sick all day with a head cold, luckily he was feeling
well enough to go to dinner. Too bad his taste buds
weren't working!
We all met at Johnny Carinos (our favorite) for dinner.
I invited his 3 best friends and his family. As we were
getting ready to go eat he asked me if we should invite
Luke and Heidi so I talked him out of that by saying
I didn't want a lot of kids there! So we walked in and
he was pretty suprised to see them sitting there. He also
looked at his friend Brad (who drove all the way up from
Utah) and asked him what he was doing up here. Brad
kinda laughed, but Joe was serious. It was like he didn't
think that he would come all this way just for him. I told
him he was here for the party and a few minutes went by
and he turned to Brad and said, "did you really come all
this way just for me?" He was still in shock a little I think.
We later learned that Brad's parents were going to his
place on the same day and he still made the trip. What a
friend! After everyone left that night Joe said, "that was
really neat that Brad came here just for this." It was cute
because you could tell that it really touched him. Thanks
Brad, and of course Luke too who luckily lives here now!
We love you guys. Joe's parents and
sister Beejae and
her husband
Brent.
Luke and Heidi.
What a cute picture
of you guys! Here is our little family of four! It was funny because
Joe pointed out that there are 4 birthdays in our family
but we only celebrate them on 2 days! Never thought
about it!Grandy and Papa Dille. They were the kids entertainment!
We've seen these cupcakes at Costco for a while now and
everytime Joe wants to get them. Hello, there are 20 of
them! So, I decided this was the perfect opportunity to
finally let him have them. They are the same size as
those huge muffins they sell there.
I'm mad because I got a two different pictures
of Joe and I blowing out the candles, but the kids got
a hold of the camera and deleted them! Oh, well. It
looked like one big fire ball!Here it is at the end. 30
candles was a lot to go on
there. It was ruined by
all that wax dripping every
where. Pretty funny.We ended the night playing "rock band" which was so
much fun. Thanks Luke for bringing it over. I was
bummed because I got a phone call just before we left
for dinner to teach class at church the next morning at
8 a.m. so I sang a couple of songs and then had to start
preparing for that. It was fun to see everyone else do
it though.
Even Joe got
in on the
action which
is pretty
impressive since
he's not a big
game person.
All in all it was a great night and thanks to you all for
coming and all the great gifts you brought, but most
importantly just for being there! We love you!
Pause my music on here before you watch.
We are in the process of potty training and we had
just got home from dinner where Macy had worn her
big kid panties, so I get her on video singing happy
birthday and then uh-oh. What's so funny about it is
that at the end where she hicups she toots too so that's
why I'm laughing and when I ask her what that was I'm
expecting her to say "I toot toot" NO. Pretty funny.
This is Joe's friend Jordan and his wife Heather and their
kids, Jaron and Brin. They couldn't make it to the
party, but did come over on Sunday to wish him a happy
birthday! Thanks, guys!

3 comments:
Jana, thanks for fun night. It was such a good time. It made me realize how much I miss hanging out and spending times with such good friends. Thanks for sharing you birthdays with you friends.
HOW FUN! I love birthdays! The big 3-0. That is major, you guys are so cute. By the way I love jonny carinos too, but josh says it makes my breath bad.
I hope you guys had a great birthday, those cup cakes looked delicious.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
How fun! Happy Birthday to you both. I thought you were the same age too. Funny! Looks like you guys had a great time. Fun to see pics of Luke, Brad and Jordan. Glad you were able to get together with them all. Tell the old man, Happy Birthday! I guess I can't say that he is an old man, that would make me an old lady at just 30. WE ARE NOT OLD, right? Hee hee. You are right, I still feel young too, (21)
Post a Comment